DEWEES ISLAND PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
ISLAND ACCESS POLICIES (November 2005)
Dewees Island is a private community. Our ferry functions as the “gate” and ferry personnel are required to enforce the Island Access Policies that are established by the POA Board.
Home owners will have their own profiles in gateaccess.net where they can keep their family, guests and contractors access updated.
In addition to property owners and their immediate families (residing in the owner’s home) the following people may access the Island.
- Owner’s guests when the owner is “on Island”.
- Guests staying at the owner’s home without owner’s presence.
- Construction site personnel between the hours of 7AM and 6:30PM, Monday through Saturday.
- Contractors names must be added to the profile of the owner where they are going.
- The owner must provide a cart for their use
- Staff during working hours, otherwise with permission of the Island Manager.
- Home renters will be put in the profile of their rental agent for ferry access
- Home renters will need to give the names of all who will be coming/visiting them to their rental agent for ferry access prior to arrival
- No one will be allowed ferry access unless their name is in the computer system
- Regular service staff will need to have the owner they are visiting put their name in the computer system
- Regular service staff will need to identify which lot they are going to to the ferry crew for proper authorizarion
- Non regular service staff need to have the owner they are visiting put their name in the computer system
- Non service staff will not be allowed access to Dewees unless their name is on that day’s list
REAL ESTATE AGENTS:
- Real Estate agents must accompany clients to the island on their initial visit.
Guests do not have day-use access to common property if the Owner is not in residence or accompanying them.
Owner’s unaccompanied guests, construction contractors, renters, service personnel and real estate agents must have an owner’s expressed permission to Island access.
Owners may email firstname.lastname@example.org; fax (800-693-4876); or call 843-886-6624 ext 82 (Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm) with any questions/concerns.
There will be a computer on the ferry for owners to add any last minute guests/contractors
The ferry staff has only eight minutes at each dock – eight minutes to load/unload, use the rest room, interact with passengers, and insure that the above expectations are fulfilled. Your assistance in accomplishing this task is appreciated.