Here are our Top 10 Helpful Reminders for you and your guests to keep in mind while staying on the Island during the busy summer season. We greatly appreciate your cooperation, and hope that you and your families have a fun and safe weekend.
1. Safety First! Public Safety Department can be reached 24/7 at 843.296.4952. If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1
2. Call the ferry at least 10 minutes to the hour when leaving the Island at 843.568.3990
3. Enter your guests into the ferry system TODAY! Don’t wait until it is too late!
4. Give yourself plenty of travel time when arriving and departing the Island
5. Parking – Use the car stops as guides, park close to leave space for your neighbors
6. To avoid bottlenecking in loading areas, please keep traffic moving; use loading carts efficiently
7. For safety, please keep your dog(s) on a leash on ferry, landings, and crowded areas
8. Use designated Trash & Recycling areas at Public Works Waste Disposal Area
9. Use docks efficiently when parking your boat
10. Please respect our environment and wildlife; let Dewees Island be Wild. Forever.
Below are some more helpful reminders and information on policies.
For more information or to view the full ferry schedule, click here.
Please use the car stops or parking logs as guidelines when parking. If we can park as closely as we can to one another, it will leave room for your neighbors to park!
Reminder that there are to be no trailers parked in the parking lot during peak season. All trailers will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Please be courteous and have your dog(s) on a leash at all times when on the ferry, the ferry landings, or crowded areas. Also, be mindful of the wildlife and shorebirds. Please clean up after your pets.
No Fishing at the crab dock.
Crabbing and cast netting is permitted at the crab dock. However, hook and line fishing are closed now through Monday, September 5th at the crab dock and nearby rice trunk (Impoundment side).
Please remember to dispose of unwanted bait fish on the outside of the impoundment.
For more information about fishing and shellfishing, click here.
Driving on the Island
Be alert when driving on the Island!
All drivers need to hold a valid SC driver’s license (or, if underage, must have a Dewees driver’s license).
For more information on the golf cart policy, or how to obtain a driver’s license for a minor, click here.
Golf Cart Parking
Space along the Dewees Island main ferry loading causeway is limited and for temporary parking.
Please store your carts at your home, the Landings area, or Public Works area.
Boats at Docks
Dewees Island docks are strictly permitted for homeowners, only.
Again, parking is limited. Please do not leave a large gap between your boat and your neighbor’s boat.
Trash & Recycling
Reminder that trash and recycling need to be properly bagged and discarded in the proper bins at the Public Works Waste Disposal Area.
Allow yourself enough time to make your trash deposit when leaving the Island.
Common area trash bins are designed for small incidental items, only.
Please check around your home for standing water. Standing water in sea shells, bucket traps, flower pots, etc. is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
No Construction on Sunday or Holidays, please.
Again, we greatly appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me at 843.568.3991 or firstname.lastname@example.org