Get your suits and swimmies ready! The pool will be open May 1.
At this time, Dewees Island continues to follow CDC and DHEC guidelines and recommendations to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
On May 1, the Swimming Pool and Pool Deck will open with a maximum capacity of 12 individuals at any time in the pool/deck area.
- According to the CDC, the virus that causes COVID-19 cannot be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, or spas. However, the opportunity for transmitting the virus does exist in surrounding areas.
- Person-to-person interaction and activities between members of separate households should be limited and social distancing of six feet between them should be practiced.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette: We encourage all patrons and swimmers to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes.
- Cloth Face Coverings: We encourage the use of cloth face coverings as feasible. Please be advised not to wear them while in the water, as cloth face coverings can be difficult to breathe through when they’re wet.
We are also still requiring that owners and guests follow the guidelines below to help protect everyone on the island:
- Require that all ferry passengers wear a face covering or mask.
- The limit inside the Huyler House remains at ten (10) individuals at one time. Masks and social distancing is required.
- Recommend that everyone observe strict social distancing guidelines when interacting with other owners and staff.
- Ok – sorry tWash your hands frequently.