May 21, 2020
As we prepare for Memorial Day weekend, please take a moment to review the latest operational changes in response to COVID-19. We want this to be a safe and enjoyable weekend for all.
The following operating hours and guidelines will be in effect through at least May 28:
- The Ferry will operate as follows this week:
- 7:00am to 9:00pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (last run off the island is 9:30pm)
- 7:00am to 8: 00pm Monday through Thursday (last run off the island is 8:30pm)
- To protect our owners, staff, and community members, all passengers boarding the ferries (owners, realtors, contractors, staff, etc.) must wear some type of face shield or face covering.
- Please wash hands prior to boarding the ferry and/or use hand sanitizer.
- It is essential to call ahead when leaving the island.
- The Nature Center will be open from 10:00am – 2:00pm with a maximum capacity of one (1) family at a time, or no more than 4 people.
- The Huyler House will be open with gatherings restricted to no more than 10 individuals in the facility at a time. Please be respectful of other users of the Huyler House and maintain appropriate social distancing. Please help us by wiping down frequently touched surfaces.
- The Swimming Pool and Pool Deck are now open with a maximum capacity of 12 individuals at any time in the pool/deck area.
- According to the CDC, the virus that causes COVID-19 cannot be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, or spas. However, the opportunity for transmitting the virus does exist in surrounding areas.
- Person-to-person interaction and activities between members of separate households should be limited and social distancing of six feet between them should be practiced.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette: We encourage all patrons and swimmers to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes.
- Cloth Face Coverings: We encourage the use of cloth face coverings as feasible. Please be advised not to wear them while in the water, as cloth face coverings can be difficult to breathe through when they’re wet.
During this unprecedented pandemic, we are still requesting that owners and guests follow the guidelines below to help protect everyone on the island:
- Require that all ferry passengers wear a face covering or mask.
- Recommend all owners limit ferry trips to only those which are essential.
- Recommend that everyone observe strict social distancing guidelines when interacting with other owners and staff.
- Request your assistance in helping us keep frequently touched surfaces clean (such as the mail room handles or RO button).
Last and certainly not least, we want to thank Thorton for doing an incredible job troubleshooting the Breeze last week, and quickly getting it back into operation. We also appreciate Terry getting the R.O. system at the landings building repaired so quickly this week.
We hope that you and your families have a fun and safe holiday weekend, and again thank you for your continued cooperation.