Top 10 Helpful Reminders for Staying on Dewees During Busy Season.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation and hope that you and your families have a fun and safe Holiday weekend. Be sure to also check out our events calendar for upcoming activities on the island!
1. Safety First! Public Safety Department can be reached 24/7 at 843.296.4952. If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1.
2. Call the ferry at least 10 minutes to the hour when leaving the island at 843.568.3990.
3. Give yourself plenty of travel time when arriving and departing the island. Please arrive at the marina at least 10-15 minutes before boarding the ferry to Dewees. This helps the Captain decide which vessel to use depending on the number of passengers/luggage.
4. Enter your guests into the ferry system TODAY! Don’t wait until it is too late!
5. Parking – Use the car stops as guides, park close to leave space for your neighbors.
6. To avoid bottlenecking in loading areas, please keep traffic moving; use loading carts efficiently (one cart per family).
7. For safety, please keep your dog(s) on a leash on ferries, landings, and crowded areas.
8. Use designated Trash & Recycling areas at Public Works Waste Disposal Area. For more information on proper recycling, click here.
9. Use docks efficiently when parking your boat. Dewees Island docks are strictly permitted for homeowners, only. Vessels parked at Dewees Island docks must be clearly identified with a Dewees Island decal.
10. Please respect our environment and wildlife; let Dewees Island be Wild. Forever.
Below are some more helpful reminders and information for your stay on the island.
No Fishing at the crab dock.
Crabbing and cast netting is permitted at the crab dock. However, hook and line fishing is closed now through Monday, September 3 at the crab dock and nearby rice trunk (Impoundment side).
Please remember to dispose of unwanted bait fish on the outside of the impoundment.
For more information about fishing and shellfishing, click here.
Driving on the Island
Be alert when driving on the Island!
All drivers need to hold a valid SC driver’s license (or, if underage, must have a Dewees driver’s license).
For more information on the golf cart policy, or how to obtain a driver’s license for a minor, click here.
Golf Cart Parking
Space along the Dewees Island main ferry loading causeway is limited and for temporary parking.
Please store your carts at your home, the Landings area, or the Public Works area.
No Trailers In The Parking Lot
Boat trailers may not be parked long-term in the parking lot. Trailers that are not clearly identified, or left in the parking lot will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Please note, the Dewees Island POA is not liable or responsible for any damages, loss, theft, or any other cause whatsoever of any “property” by owner’s use of Dewees Island Marina or any Dewees Island Common Properties. Property is solely the responsibility of the owner (homeowner, guests, staff, and contractors), and is at the owner’s risk. The POA is under no obligation to provide compensation, maintenance, repair, or rescue for loss or damages to property. “Property” can include, but is not limited to, vehicles, vessels, packages, mail, materials, bicycles, furniture, tools, perishable items, groceries, or merchandise.
No Construction on Sunday or Holidays, please.