Don’t have plans for Labor Day Weekend? No problem!
Social Committee Events
Huyler House (BYOB)
World Shorebird’s Day
Landings Building Flag Pole
Bring binoculars, water, snacks and your family and stay as long as you’d like!
Please RSVP to Lori at 843-568-3994
More information can be found at http://worldshorebirdsday.wordpress.com/
Dammit Ball Tournament
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Osprey Walk
Below are a few friendly reminders to ensure that we all have a fun and safe holiday weekend:
Construction contractors are not permitted on the Island during Labor Day Weekend
BAGGAGE CARTS AT FERRY LANDINGS
Please be mindful of your neighbors with baggage cart use by compacting your luggage and leave carts for others. The Island traffic will be busy and we want to be sure there are baggage carts available for all passengers
PROPANE TANK REFILLS
Need propane for grilling out this weekend? Be sure to do the following:
1. Have your last name AND lot number labeled on your propane tank (if lot number is not on the tank, it cannot be refilled)
2. Drop the tank off at the designated propane drop-off area located behind the Public Works building towards the right hand side
3. If you need your tank refilled for this weekend, please let Randy know no later than 10 a.m. on Friday, September 4
Pruning debris piles created by homeowners will be chipped free of charge by the POA if they are no larger than a single bed. Remember to consult with the ARB Coordinator before the removal of any vegetation other than normal landscape maintenance. Please help us out by creating a good chipping pile using the guidelines below:
1. A good chipping pile will consist of all material stacked with the cut ends facing the same direction
2. Cut ends should face the direction chips are to be thrown, for example if you would like chips in your driveway then all cut ends should face the driveway
3. Piles to be chipped should be next to and parallel with the road
4. Trees must be less than 10 inches in diameter. Sections over 10 inches in diameter may be cut in 2 foot sections and allowed to decompose on site
5. Small pieces of lumber can be chipped if the wood is not processed or treated and must be free of nails
6. Contractors must chip their own piles
CRAB POTS AND MINNOW KEEPERS
Crab pots may not be used in the Impoundment. Crab pots are permitted in exterior waterways and Lake Timicau. They must be labeled with a float and labeled with owner’s name and lot number and checked every few hours.
Minnow keepers and minnow traps must also be labeled with owner’s name and lot number and may not be tied to the crab dock or nearby rice trunk. For more information please visit http://www.deweesislandsc.com/environmental-program/fishing/
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Catherine Kovacs, Island Administrator
at 843.568.3992 or firstname.lastname@example.org