The Community is looking forward to a fun week ahead and celebrating Independence Day! We have a lot of exciting events planned throughout the week, including Bubber’s Beach Run and Brunch on Tuesday, July 3, and the Traditional Golf Cart Parade & Ice Cream on Wednesday, July 4. To view the full schedule of events and details, click on our Owners Activities Calendar.
Understanding the 4th of July falls on a Wednesday this year, we expect both weekends to be busy on the island and the ferries. Below are a few things we’d like you to know, and some helpful reminders to ensure our owners, families and friends have an enjoyable holiday week.
- We will be running a 1:00p.m. ferry on Wednesday, July 4th. The ferry will resume its regular schedule all other days.
- The pool will be open daily next week. Bring your sunscreen and stay hydrated!
- We anticipate the ferries to be very busy between 10:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. on Saturday and mid-afternoon on Sunday with guests and paying guests arriving to the island. Be sure to plan ahead and call ahead! Always call the ferry at least 10 minutes to the hour when leaving the island at 843.568.3990.
- Give yourself plenty of travel time when arriving and departing the island. Please arrive to the marina at least 10-15 minutes before boarding the ferry to Dewees. This helps the Captain decide which vessel to use depending on number of passengers/luggage.
- Pack light and pack your patience. Be mindful of your neighbors when loading luggage carts. Use loading carts efficiently and minimally (one cart per family).
- Be responsible with our community shuttle carts. Shuttle carts may be used for up to one hour, which provides ample time to drive to your residence to retrieve your cart and then return the shuttle cart to the dock.
- Educate your guests. Dewees Island is a beautiful and unique experience – take the time to help those who have never been here before and inform them about the etiquette of Dewees Island.
- Use designated Trash & Recycling areas at Public Works Waste Disposal Area. For more information on proper recycling, clickhere.
- Make sure your boat has a visible Dewees Island decal! No boat sticker – no dock. Contact Catherine at 843.568.3992 to register your vessel and receive a boat sticker. Public Safety will enforce removal of unidentified vessels. Docking on POA docks is for owner use only.
- Leave Only Footprints. Respect our wildlife and environment.
- Our Public Safety Department is available 24/7 and can be reached at 843.296.4952 if you need any assistance.
We thank you for your help in advance and wish you all a fun, safe and memorable Independence Day! God Bless America!